The 18th International Society for Music Information Retrieval Conference will take place at National University of Singapore Research Institute (NUSRI) in Suzhou, China, October 23-27, 2017. It is organized by National University of Singapore.
Music-Information Retrieval (Music-IR) is a highly interdisciplinary field, incorporating elements from the disciplines of signal processing, machine learning, psychology, musicology, electrical engineering, computer science, and many more. This conference aims to cover the entire area of Music-IR, allowing for researchers, developers, educators, and other professionals to exchange ideas, share results, and gain new perspectives from each other. This in turn will provide sufficient room to foster collaborations and encourage new developments in the field.
For its technical content, ISMIR 2017 will include presentations of research papers, both orally and as posters, and will also feature in-depth tutorials and invited talks on topics of interest to the field. All submitted papers will be subject to rigorous peer-review in order to ensure that those ultimately presented are of the highest-quality and truly speak to the state-of-the-art in the field. Papers will be graded based on novelty, scientific quality, relevance, importance, and readability/organization. Furthermore, ISMIR 2017 will include a section for late-breaking demos (LBDs) to allow for interesting yet nascent ideas to be explored and discussed, as well as an informal brainstorming or discussion ‘unconference’ which will allow for and encourage future collaborations.
Finally, ISMIR 2017 will provide a musical program as well. This program will include a wide diversity of music, from western classical standards to traditional music of the Suzhou area, and will also focus on music incorporating aspects of Music-Information Retrieval. In this way we hope to encourage the use of such techniques in the creation of new music, as well as to explore music which can lead to novel research ideas in the field.
- The Late Breaking / Demo extended abstracts are now available here.
- The HAMR Proceedings are now available here.
- The interactive proceedings including preface, proceedings, individual papers, author index, committee & reviewers, and partners is now available here.
- The complete proceedings for ISMIR 2017 is now available!
- Visiting China for the first time? Check out the Guide for Attendees page for some useful tips.
- Presenting? Be sure to follow the guidelines on the Information for presenters page.
- The complete ISMIR 2017 program with all session details is now available on the Program page!
- WiMIR session has been announced!
- The LBD Submission page is now live!
- As part of our effort to promote the diversity of our research community, we have invited the 3rd keynote speaker, Prof. Elaine Chew from Queen Mary University of London.
- The Music Submission deadline
is this Friday, July 28thhas passed.
- The registration link is now live!
- We are proud to announce the ISMIR 2017 keynote speakers: Dr. Jeffrey C. Smith, & Prof. Roger B. Dannenberg.
- Tutorials have been announced!
- The Call for Music and the Music Submission pages are now live!
- The final submission deadline
is this Friday, April 28thhas passed.
- The abstract submission deadline
is this Friday, April 21st Aprilhas passed.
- The tutorial proposal submission deadline
is this Friday, 24th Marchhas passed.
- The ISMIR 2017 LaTex and Word templates are now available.
- The paper submission link is now live! Be sure to check the submission requirements.
- Address: Block 1-3, Public Academy, No. 377, Linquan Street
Dushu Lake Science and Education Innovation District
Suzhou Industrial Park, Suzhou, Jiangsu, China 215123
- Tel: 0512—62997800
- Fax: 0512—62997809
- Email: email@example.com