ISMIR 2017 music program features a special concert night in the Master of Nets Garden (网师园) on Wednesday, Oct.25th. Conference participants will enjoy Chinese traditional music and performances in one of the finest gardens in China, and a UNESCO heritage site, along with a docent-led tour of the garden. The program includes Kun opera (昆曲), Pingtan – storytelling and ballad singing in Suzhou dialect (苏州评弹), traditional dances, and instrumental performances such as Qin (古琴), Zheng (古筝), Pipa (琵琶), Di(笛子), and Erhu(二胡).
Call for ISMIR Community Performance Night
In addition, ISMIR 2017 will host a community performance night towards the end of the banquet on Oct.26 2017. The program will be made of a selection of submitted and invited pieces. Performances can be submitted according to the guidelines below.
Guidelines for submission
Deadline: 28th July, 2017
ISMIR 2017 welcomes submissions of proposals for the community performance night on Thursday, Oct.26, 2017. We are accepting proposals of performances in any of the following categories:
- Musical instrument or vocal performance
- Original work that intersects musical information technology
- Other types of “Got Talent” performances
The performance should be between 4 and 10 minutes. We encourage performances that incorporate Chinese and classical music elements. Individual and group submissions are welcome.
Music submissions should include 3 elements:
- Compressed recording of the tape part or audiovisual: a complete MP3 file, or MP4 in case of audiovisual. Please limit to 100 MB. We prefer an url link to the media file.
- Performance instructions (if applicable): a music score with complete description of the performance and technical needs (if necessary, include a technical diagrams and stage layouts.) documents should be submitted as a single PDF file.
- Program notes: in a separate PDF file, short biographies of the composer(s) & performer(s) and a description of the work (each with a maximum of 100 words). Part of these texts will be included in the concert’s program.
Please submit your performance proposal to the submission website: http://ismir2017-music.smcnus.org/.
All submissions will be subject to review by a committee composed by the music chairs and concert curator, with access to all submitted materials online.
For each accepted work, at least one author must register and be present at the ISMIR 2017 conference to present the music at the community performance night.
All questions should be directly addressed to the ISMIR 2017 Music Co-chairs at email@example.com.