Papers can be submitted via: https://www.softconf.com/h/ismir2017/. Please be sure to read the submission requirements. Submissions that deviate from any of the requirements will be automatically rejected.
Paper Submission requirements
- Length (6+n pages) – Submissions should be at most (6+n)-pages in length. That is, each paper may have a maximum of six pages of technical content (including figures and tables) with additional optional pages that contain only references and acknowledgments. Note that acknowledgments should not be included in the anonymized submission.
- Templates – The paper must be submitted in PDF format using either the ISMIR 2017 LaTex or Word template packages. You MAY NOT manipulate the style files in any way.
- File size – 4MB is the maximum files size. Please compress images and figures as necessary before submitting.
- Originality – Papers must be original contributions. They cannot have been published elsewhere nor currently submitted for publication anywhere else. All relevant work, including direct quotations from your own work, should be cited.
- Submission method – Your formatted paper must be submitted via https://www.softconf.com/h/ismir2017/
- Anonymity – ISMIR reviews are double blind; that is, authors and reviewers will be anonymous to each other. For the initial submission, please keep the author list from appearing in the text. Likewise, make any self-citations in the third person, although self-citations should be kept to a minimum.
Submissions that deviate from any of the above requirements will be automatically rejected
There will be NO EXTENSION to the paper submission deadline. However, authors of registered papers on or before April 21st will be allowed to upload new versions of their papers (in PDF format) until April 28th (23h59 American Samoa timezone). No other changes will be possible (i.e. authors will not be able to change title, abstract, authors, keywords/topics, or other metadata). No registration of new papers will be possible after April 21st, and no submission of new versions of registered papers will be possible after April 28th.
In order to ensure the quality of the published papers at the conference, all of the submitted papers are evaluated according to the following criteria:
- scholarly/scientific quality
- appropriateness of topic
- readability and paper organization
The reviewing workflow follows a two-tier model, i.e. with one level of “regular” reviewers, and another level of “meta-reviewers”. All the papers are examined by, at least, three reviewers.
Notifications of acceptance will be sent on June 23rd.
Accepted papers must be presented at the conference by one of the authors and, at least, one of the authors must register before the deadline given for author registration (July 21st). Failure to register before the deadline will result in automatic withdrawal of your paper from the conference proceedings and program.
- Submit your camera-ready paper in PDF format using either the ISMIR 2017 LaTex or Word template packages.
- Please note that for Word template users, the authors will need to insert the appropriate author name(s) and the title of paper inside the copyright notice.
- Submit your formatted camera-ready paper via https://www.softconf.com/h/ismir2017/ (left column “For Authors”)